Impact, Results & Outcomes
What are Project CLASS Results and Demonstrated Outcomes?
- Increased social skills usage by children (30% to 200%)
(Follow Instructions, Pay Attention, Ask Permission, Accept No, etc.)
- Increased social skills teaching abilities by teachers (25% to 100%)
(Use of social skills language; Use of Praise & Positive Attention; Use of Reminder Prompts, etc.)
- Increased appropriate behavior by children (30% to 200%)
- Decreased inappropriate behavior by children (20%+ decrease)
- Decreased disciplinary referrals for children by teachers (20%-80%)
- Positive Assessments by 80%-96% of teachers and principals across the dimensions of Project CLASS Usefulness; Helpfulness; Development of Valuable Skills; Positive Impact on School Climate; Improved Student Behavior; Increased Academic Teaching Time; Decreased Disciplinary Time; Increased On-Task Behavior; Improved Academic Performance
- Increased positive teacher-student interactions in the classroom (30%-50%)
- Decreased negative teacher-student interactions in the classroom (30%-50%)
Long-Term Longitudinal Impact
(Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis Study, Perry Study, Syracuse Study)
- Significantly higher wages and earnings later in life (>100%)
- Aggregated returns range from $3 to $200 for every dollar spent
- Effectively disrupts the chain of poverty
- Greater educational attainment
- Greater employment stability
- Greater pro-social community participation and engagement
- Reduced school drop-out rates
- Reduced criminal activities
- Reduced dependence on welfare
Helping more children & adult care-providers through
Project CLASS for Community - evidenced by:
- Increased Contacts: Google Analytics
- Increased Contacts: Facebook Analytics
- Increased Contacts: YouTube Analytics
- Increased Website Utilization
- Increased Downloads
- Increased Views
- Increased Listens
- Increased Trainings & Trainees
- Increased Digital Book Readings
- Evaluation Questionnaires
Linked to: Children's Books, Parent & Education Activity Guides, Book Animations, Songs, Music, Song Animations, Demonstration Videos, & Other Videos focused on Social Skills Development
Everyone benefits from Project CLASS!
Teachers–First-year teachers to seasoned teachers with 25+ years of experience find that Project CLASS training and resources strengthen their ability to teach social skills to children and increases student learning readiness. In addition, teachers appreciate the whole-class lessons and the small group sessions for their most difficult students.
Students–Every child can be helped to succeed by learning and implementing the core social and emotional skills taught by Project CLASS. Students with on-going behavior issues receive targeted social and relational skills teaching and practice in the social skills small group sessions. Small group curricula include calming down, getting along with others, and making good choices.
Whole School—When all staff on a school campus are focused on teaching the same social and relationship skills with consistent language, students quickly begin to use the skills throughout the school, which creates a positive school culture.
Principals and School Directors–The whole-school approach and common language decrease negative student behaviors and increase positive student behaviors. Less discipline problems and disciplinary referrals to administration are the result.
Parents—Families benefit from learning and implementing the Project CLASS social and relationship skills at home.
The Community— When students, teachers, schools and parents are working together on social skills for life success, the entire community experiences both short-term and long term positive effects.